Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Send either congratulatory or sympathy flowers dependent on Super Bowl 2010 win or loss


So, how do you feel about the winners of Super Bowl 2010 – the New Orleans Saints? I’m certain there are very many people who are very happy about those results. They are probably jumping for joy that the score was 31 to 17, in the favor of the New Orleans Saints. So if you have happy football fans living at or visiting your house, perhaps you would like to send them congratulatory flowers. You all can stand there, smell the roses or other kinds of flowers, and shake either’s hands or hug each other ecstatically.

Let’s say that you have no particular feelings about the New Orleans Saints one way or the other. You are indifferent as to whether they won or lost. Instead, you were more invested in the various Super Bowl commercials and keeping the larder well-stocked for the various football fans congregating in or around your house.

In my case, it is my mother-in-law who I feel sorry for. Perhaps I should send her ‘I’m sorry roses’ and ‘Let me cheer you up roses’ or ‘Perhaps he’ll have better luck next year flowers’. My mother-in-law, who lives in a nursing home, is a major Peyton Manning fan. She was very disappointed that he lost. It’s funny how you can get attached to one particular person. I don’t know that she really has a strong relationship with the Indianapolis Colts. As far as I know, she has never been to Indianapolis. She is, however, a die-hard Tennessee Vols fan. Naturally, that is where Peyton Manning got his original claim to fame.

So, to my Mother-in-law, who I love dearly, I am sending you a figurative bouquet of roses. Perhaps, some of you who are a bit more serious about your sports figures, you might want to send a bouquet of flowers in real life. If so, you might want to consider ordering them from a reputable flower company such as 1800 flowers.com. Just a suggestion for you to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment